SupaScoota Safari Sport
Click the button below to be notified as soon as the item is back in stock. Or, Click here for similar items.
- Buy Now, Pay Later
- Free Shipping Aus wide*
- Australian Owned
- Quick Shipping
- Secure Checkout
- Comfortable seat with spring suspension
- Large pneumatic rear tyres
- Incredible turning circle
- Most substantial part weighs 20.2kg
- Padded adjustable armrests that flip-up
- Rear anti-tip wheels
This Australian designed portable powerchair is the latest offering from the reputable manufactures that brought you the SupaScoota range. The Safari Sport is an excellent alternative to a mobility scooter and awards you with unmatched maneuverability.
An extremely tight turning circle of just 700mm essentially allows you to turn this powerchair on the spot, making it perfect for more confined indoor areas, such as the narrow shopping lanes of your supermarket or in busy cafe settings. The Safari also has the ability to attach a rear shopping bag to the back of the seat, which can be handy on your weekly grocery shopping trips.
Although it's tight turning circle gives it significant advantages when used indoors, The Safari also has several excellent features that make it well-suited for outdoor use. It's chunky 10 inch rear pneumatic (air-filled) tyres enable you to traverse over more rugged surfaces, while its rear anti-tip wheels provide you with extra stability and safety.
Choose from the standard SLA (Sealed Lead Acid) battery or a plane-safe Lithium battery which offers a lightweight option if you intend to use your Safari Sport on your next holiday. If you do opt for the lithium battery, this further reduces the weight of the overall package. In comparison, the lithium battery weighs in at just 4kg, whereas the sealed lead acid battery weighs 9.2kg. Another great advantage to consider when travelling with this model is that it can be dismantled in under 30 seconds. It pulls-apart into three pieces (Chair, Base and Battery) with the most substantial part weighing a manageable 16.7kg. It's also handy to know that this model is TSA (Transportation Security Administration) approved, and the Lithium battery is certified plane-safe.
The Safari Sport boasts a number of premium comfort features including:
- A large padded seat and backrest that promote sound ergonomics and promote good posture.
- Underseat spring suspension that absorbs all the bumps when travelling on uneven surfaces.
- It has padded adjustable armrests that allow you to relieve the strain on your arms on long-distance trips. The armrests also flip-up, which is particularly handy when getting in and out of the chair.
- The footplate folds up flush, which allows you to get into your chair with ease.
- It is fitted with an easy to use joystick controller that allows for an increased freedom of movement.
- The joystick is also interchangeable to suit your personal preference, whether you are right or left-handed.
- It is built with a robust aluminium frame that allows for a carrying capacity of 125kg.
Who does the SupaScoota Safari Sport suit?
The SupaScoota Safari Sport is an excellent option if you are in search of an electric powerchair that is portable, highly maneuverable and provides an unmatched turning circle. A fantastic all-rounder that is ideal for use down at your local shopping centre, well-paved footpaths and makes for the perfect travel companion on your next trip abroad.